Amy | Sincerely The Bride
January 2, 2017 , Sincerely The Bride
Today we welcome Amy to the blog! Amy was a bride of ours from August 2015! We had such a great time getting to know Tyler and Amy over the course of their engagement and even after. Amy was a very relaxed bride and had things pretty darn organized. We thought she would be a perfect option for you to hear some advice on planning your wedding and the first year of marriage! Enjoy!
1. What is one thing you would tell a bride-to-be to not worry about when it comes to her wedding day?
Do not worry about a thing. I could write a list of the things I worried about the day of our wedding and it all worked out. In the end, all that matters is the person you are marrying.
2. What is your best advice for a bride planning her wedding?
There will be many people who try to push ideas or plan your wedding for you. My advice is to do what makes the both of you happy. Sometimes weddings seem to turn out about everyone else and making them happy rather than making the couple happy.
3. What is your best advice for a couple for their first year of marriage?
Never go to bed mad and never stop going on dates together.
4. What vendors did you feel were the most important for your wedding day and why?
Our photographers and the DJ were in my opinion the most important. Not only did the photographers capture all of the moments from that day, but they also kept everything in line. I did not have to worry about anything because they coordinated with everyone and made sure everything went as smooth as possible. Our DJ was also amazing because he worked with the photographers to coordinate times of everything happening and he kept everyone dancing the entire night.
5. What was one tool or asset on your wedding day or during the planning process that you feel you couldn’t have done with out?
My checklist. I can’t remember which website I printed it out from but it kept me organized and it let me know the time frames in which everything should be done by. It was definitely a HUGE help when it came to planning.
6. What is one area you feel couples should splurge and not worry about their budget as much?
Definitely the photographers. The pictures are what you look back on forever to remember your special day and you want to make sure you have good photographers to capture all of the key moments. I have looked at my wedding pictures already so many times and we have only been married a little over a year.
7. What was your wedding inspiration?
Etsy and Pinterest. I have always loved country themed weddings but these websites just had too many cute ideas for country that I couldn’t pass the ideas up!
8. Where did you purchase your decor?
ETSY! We got the majority of our decorations from there. They have such cute stuff especially for country themed weddings.
9. If you could go back and tell yourself one thing before your wedding day what would that be?
Don’t worry, it’s all going to work out.
10. Any other advice on marriage?
Communication and compromise to me is the most important thing in a marriage. With these two things, you will be fine.
11. Any other advice on wedding planning?
Have fun and enjoy the planning! It goes by way too fast.
Thanks for stopping by! As always…
Sharing, serving, and celebrating,
Andrew + Chrissy